Hero City Zone (22-29)
|TF Contacts:||Jane Hallaway (Respec),|
Sister Psyche, Admiral Sutter,
|Events:||Ghost Ship, Lusca|
|Exploration Badges:||Crey Havoc, Valorous, Vigorous, Air Lifter, Dead End, Family Partier, Connector, Unlucky, Thrill Seeker|
|Plaques:||Authority II, III, Historian II, Researcher III|
|Day Jobs:||Architect, Law Enforcer, Commuter, Shop Keeper, Caregiver, Fashion Designer, Monitor Duty|
|Enemies:||5th Column, Council, Devouring Earth, Family, Tsoo|
|Connecting Zones:||Brickstown, Croatoa, Founders' Falls, Kings Row, Skyway City, Striga Isle, Steel Canyon, Talos Island, Terra Volta|
|Transits:||Paragon City Monorail Smuggler's Ship|
|Independence Port VidiotMap|
Port of industry, port of corruption...
The roots of Independence Port go all the way back to the founding of Paragon City. As Paragon City continued to grow, Independence Port stood proudly as the premiere point of commerce on the eastern coast of the United States. This is the location where Atlas and several other heroes gave their lives in World War II when the 5th Column attempted to invade.
In the middle of the zone lies Valor Bridge, once a symbol of sacrifice, now a ravaged memory. Sadly, since Terra Volta has been overrun, Valor Bridge has become a no man's land filled with abandoned vehicles, transport containers and constant battles between the Tsoo, 5th Column and The Family.
The battle to keep the peace in this once-prosperous area is ongoing and will certainly require the attention of many Heroes to prevent Independence Port from becoming the latest part of Paragon City to fall to the forces of villainy.
Task Force Contacts
- Admiral Sutter
- Sister Psyche
- Jane Hallaway Respecification Contact
- Calvin Scott (No longer available since Issue 4)
Police Band Contacts
- Amanda Loomis
- Ashwin Lannister
- Christine Lansdale
- Collin Larson
- Dennis Ewell
- Dr. Cheng
- Georgia Fields
- Jake Kim
- Justin Greene
- Justine Kelly
- Kevin Cordell
- Kirsten Woods
- Laura Brunetti
- Lauren (Icon tailor)
- Laurie Pennington
- Lorenzo Tate
- Melanie Peebles
- Oswald Cuthbert
- Rondel Jackson
- Wilma Peterson
- Wilson Eziquerra
- Lusca the Octopus, can spawn in Justice Quay, near the Brickstown gate, or in Liberty Quay, either west or south of Power Island.
- The Ghost Ship, Moraine, occasionally travels through the zone.
- Bell Medical Center (Green) (Music)
- Bell Point (Yellow - Level 20-23) (Music)
- Crey Cove (Yellow - Level 20-25) (Music)
- Industry Pier (Orange - Level 23-28) (Music)
- Justice Quay (Red - Level 27-29) (Music)
- Liberty Quay (Red - Level 25-30) (Music)
- Patriot Wharf (Orange - Level 23-28) (Music)
- Power Island (Orange - Level 23-28) (Music)
- Steel Pier (Orange - Level 20-26) (Music)
- Valor Bridge (Orange - Level 23-28) (Music)
- Wave Landing (Yellow - Level 20-23) (Music)
Crey had a facility in Independence Port for several years, but an industrial accident has permanently closed it.
The titanic hero Atlas fell at Valor Bridge, protecting the city from invasion.
Sister Psyche's greatest nemesis was the insane Malaise. When she finally apprehended him, she found a confused soul in search of release. Using her mental powers, she switched Malaise's dual personalities, bringing the benevolent one to dominance. Then she took him under her wing for observation.
More than one unlucky individual has met his end in this area of the 'Cargo Maze.' The Family is known for luring their victims into this area before 'icing' them. It's easy enough for them to get away with it, as not many heroes wander around this area.
The Family uses this area right in the shadow of Terra Volta to conduct various parties, and the occasional hit on one of their own. They've also been searching for secret entrances into the reactor, though so far they have been unsuccessful.
The Bell-Wave is the twin of the nearly destroyed Valor Bridge. Cynics say that the statue of the heroine at the end was built to inspire the bridge to be named after her, but the trend never took off.
Every member of Freedom Corps who works in this base is considered unlucky. The base is out-of-the-way from everything in Paragon City and has a long daily commute. Arachnos occasionally tries to spy on this base, but even they can't be bothered to come out this far from everything.
You're always looking for new forms of entertainment, and it's said that the Mission Architect technology is entertainment in its purest form.
Your study of the Mission Architect system has earned you the Architect Day Job. Logging out in the Mission Architect will earn you 2 bonus Mission Architect Tickets, when you log back in, each time you complete a mission for a short time.
You spend your free time perfecting your costume earning the Fashion Designer Day Job. Logging out at a Tailor will earn you a discount to Tailor fees, when you log back in, for a short time.
Your time spent protecting your Supergroup's base has earned you the Monitor Duty Day Job. Logging out in your Supergroup base will earn you a Prestige bonus, when you log back in, each time you complete a mission for a short time.
You have worked closely with the Paragon Police Department during your free time earning the Law Enforcer Day Job. Logging out in a Police Station will earn you an Experience Bonus, when you log back in, each time you complete a mission for a short time.
You have traveled all over Paragon City for various day jobs during your free time earning the Commuter Day Job. Logging out in a Train Station will earn you a speed boost, when you log back in, for a short time.
You have spent your free time running a shop in Paragon City selling various wares earning you the Shop Keeper Day Job. Logging out in a store will earn you a random enhancement, upon each mission completion, for a short time.
You have spent a great deal of time working in the hospitals of Paragon City during your free time earning the Caregiver Day Job. Logging out in a Hospital will earn you a Regeneration Bonus, when you log back in, for a short time.
The Paragon Police Department has severed its ties with you now that you're a villain.
You miss the monorails of Paragon City, but in the Rogue Isles it would just be too impractical.
You know better than to work retail in the Rogue Isles. Logging out in a store will earn you a random enhancement, upon each mission completion, for a short time.
Your expertise in surgery and understanding pain has earned you the Pain Specialist Day Job. Logging out in a Hospital will earn you a Regeneration Bonus, when you log back in, for a short time.
- Biotechnix (mutation store)
- Deimos Innovations (science store)
- Exarch Industries (technology store)
- Freedom Corps Special Forces (training store)
- Future Dynamics (natural store)
- Icon (tailor)
- Pandora's Box (magic store)
- The Paragon City Monorail has a station here.
- There are gates along the walls of the zone that lead to Brickstown, Steel Canyon and Kings Row.
- The entrance to Terra Volta is on Power Island in the center of the zone.
- There is a Smuggler's Ship to Striga Isle and Talos Island.
- The Independence Port Beacon location is (-1005, 31.4, -5652), on the west side of the building just west of the Hospital.
- Submariner Janus is docked in Industry Pier and will transport Vigilantes and Rogues to Sharkhead Isle.