This page is a copy of recent updates published on the official forum. Any undocumented changes will be listed under "Rebirth Wiki Notes".
Rebirth Issue 2, Episode 1 - September 12th, 2021
For Rebirth Issue 2 we've standardized the discount at a 40% reduction from sunset costs across all merit vendors. In most cases, this means even greater merit cost reductions, though a few costs have increased.
Exemplar and Recipe Drop Improvements:
- While exemplared, level 50 characters receive a chance for level 50 recipe rewards for defeating enemies. - Increased drop pool chances for Very Rare recipe rolls from 1% to 2.5%. Loot Boosters double the percent chances.
NOTE: Chances of drops have not increased, just the odds of the roll being Very Rare within those drops.
- Removed 20-hour lockout from Enhancement Catalysts drops. - Temp power recipe drops reduced 10x. Note: Does not affect Amplifier drops.
Endgame Content and Endgame Character Build Synergy
While completing endgame content we want players to also be progressing on their endgame character builds. Therefore we have included features that enable players to more easily accomplish both goals at the same time.
Astral and Empyrean Merit Bonuses
- Very Rare recipes receive a 2x bonus cost reduction. - Rare recipes receive a 40% bonus cost reduction (Astral Vendor). - All recipe lockout timers have been removed.
Incarnate Trials and Incarnate Content (Dark Astoria): - Endgame content receives a 2x bonus drop pool chance for Very Rare recipe rolls. Loot Boosters double the percent chances. NOTE: Chances of drops have not increased, just the odds of the roll being Very Rare within those drops. - Reward Choices for completing Incarnate content now offers a choice for a random Purple Recipe instead of Super Inspirations when receiving a Very Rare reward. - Added a recipe to break down Notices of the Well into an Uncommon Thread Material. - Added Shard Recipes for Tier 1 Incarnate abilities of Destiny, Lore, Interface, Incarnate, and Hybrid. - Team Member will now be granted progress on weekly Dark Astoria Arcs. This applies to Flashbacks as well. - The Dark Astoria contact, Gabriel, now rewards a Rare or Very Rare incarnate material in addition to Empyrean merits.
Dark Astoria - Increased mob experience by 25%. - Added a reward option to Ephram Sha and Maharaj for 2 incarnate thread's worth of iXP split between Physical and Psychic on first obtaining. It will then have a 20 hour cooldown in which you will only be able to obtain 1 incarnate thread's worth of iXP. This option also gives half of said value to Advanced Psychic (aka Hybrid slots unlock). - Arc Completion Incarnate Merit option increased from 2/1 to 4/2. - Changed chances of Astral/Empyrean Merits on Arc Completion Rewards from 80/20 to 60/40. - Taskmaster Gabriel now gives 4 Empyrean merits instead of 2.
"Master of" Task/Strike Forces Rewards
Successfully completing any Master of Task Force will reward 1 random Very Rare recipe. NOTE: You can only obtain this reward once every 60 hours for a given "Master of" completion.
Hamidon Origin Enhancements
Hamidon (The Hive): - The reward choice for defeating Hamidon has been increased from 1 to 3 random Hamidon enhancements. - The 24-hour reward lockout has been reduced to 30 minutes.
Seed of Hamidon (First Ward Zone Event): - Defeating Seed of Hamidon rewards 1 random Hamidon enhancement.
Alignment System and Merit Improvements
For earning alignment-specific merits, we want players to be reward with unique power-ups that virtually no other area of the game currently offers. Here's what’s in store for them.
- Hero & Villain Super Packs and Vigilante & Rogue Super Packs will be purchasable with Alignment Merits. - Vigilante and Rogue Alignment Merits have been added. Places where they previously earned Reward Merits will now earn Vigilante/Rogue Merits instead. This goes for Hero and Villains too, where Reward Merits were initially given instead of their own alignment merits. - One Hero, Villain, Vigilante, or Rogue Merit will be awarded during the first alignment change/reinforcement respective to the chosen alignment. - Hero and Villain Super Packs will cost 6 Hero/Villain Merits or 10 Rogue/Vigilante Merits. - Vigilante & Rogue Super Packs will cost 6 Vigilante/Rogue Merits or 10 Hero/Villain Merits. - Reduce the number of Alignment Tip missions to receive a Morality Tip mission from 10 to 5. - Public Fame points now expire in 20 minutes, allowing for faster progression.
Note: These changes allow much faster side-switching for players to join their friends, earn alignment merits, or experience other content. To balance the reduced number of missions required to earn alignment merits, alignment vendor costs were returned to their sunset values.
Gladiator Merits and PvP Vendors
Lifelong PvPers can rejoice as we have introduced a reward system into PvP so that you can, if you so choose, work towards your character build entirely through PvPing. PvP remains the fastest way to earn PvP recipes and you can now earn any other recipe through the introduction of the new Gladiator Merit.
- Defeating a Player with Rep rewards 5 Gladiator Merits. - Defeating a player without Rep has a chance to reward 1 Gladiator Merit.
In addition to defeating players, Gladiator Merits are now obtainable for completing the following PvP zone events:
- Bloody Bay: Shivan Pet Reward - 7 Gladiator Merits - Warburg: Code Event Reward - 15 Gladiator Merits - RV: Hero/Villain Reach 1k Mech Pet Reward - 50 Gladiator Merits
- Removed the PvP recipe lockout for defeating a player with Rep. Note: You cannot earn Rep from defeating the same player with 5-minutes. As is how Rep works. - PvP recipes received a 4x drop chance bonus for defaulting a player with Rep. - Loot Boosters double the chances that a PvP recipe could drop.
Dual Inspirations have a very small chance to drop from PvPing.
Super Inspirations have a very small chance to drop from Elite Bosses and Archvillains in Incarnate Content.
Team Inspirations have a chance to drop while Teaming. The size and chance of these drops follow the game's natural progression/reward system.
Dual Team Inspirations have a chance to drop from PvPing while Teaming. The size and chance of these drops follow the game's natural progression/reward system.
And also... - Dual, Super, and Team Inspirations are now tradable. - Dual, Super, and Team Inspirations now last 60 seconds like all other Inspirations. - Added HotKey "C" to the Inspiration combine menu.
Souped Up Super Packs
We've reworked Super Pack rewards a bit to serve better rewards and require less in-combat "email" management. - Very Rare Cards now have a chance to reward a Very Rare Attuned Enhancement. This replaced the odds of a Very Rare rewarding another ATO. - ATOs have a much higher chance of rewarding in Rare cards. - Added BrainStorm Ideas cards. They come in three varieties: common (20x), uncommon (40x), and rare (60x). - Inspirations Cards have been removed in favor of the new in-game inspiration drops. - Other reward cards (not listed above) that overlapped in rarity from common to very rare have been reworked in lower tiers to make room for the Rare/Very Rare odds improvement. They should now appear in the common and uncommon card tiers in a more desirable pattern while appearing less to never in rare and very rare. Noteworthy exclusions to this are Reward Merits, Experienced, XP Booster, and Catalysts. These cards can appear in any rarity and have been excluded from the change. - Hero/Villain and Vigilante/Rogue Super Packs can be sold on the auction house like the Winter Super Pack. - Added icons to the Winter Super Pack.
Made Very Rare attuned enhancements received from Super Packs tradable. Added icons to Winter IOs.
Increased AE Ticket cap from 9,999 to 99,999.
Added conversion sets for Very Rare Attuned Enhancements.
Added conversion sets for Universal Damage Enhancements.
Atmospheric update made to this unique zone inspired by the horror and war comics of the 20th century.
Lowered the minimum Task Force size to 4 players. Task Forces with lower than 4 player minimums remain the same.
Vigilante and Rogue Alignment Vendors:
Vigilante Merit Vendor has been added to Kings Row
Rogue Merit Vendor has been added to Cap Au Diable
Hero and Villain Gladiator Vendors have been added to Recluse's Victory, Warburg, Siren's Call and Bloody Bay
Guardian's Gift: Recharge/PBAoE Resolve
Absolute Resolution: Recharge/Chance for Energy Damage Bonus
Tanks will now enjoy a unique aggro cap of 25 mobs, outclassing all other ATs in their ability to herd and hold aggro.
Tankers' inherent Bruising ability has been expanded to the second attack in their powersets as well, giving Tanks more option to use bruising debuffs on their foes!
New Power Sets:
-Military Assault (Guardian): Your mastery of Military Assault allows you to destroy your enemies with brutal precision. Blast your foes with powerful attacks from your military grade Assault Rifle and pummel them with brutal close quarters combat techniques. Your attacks can also inflict a variety of debilitating effects on your foes, including stunning them, reducing their defense, knocking them down, or slowing their movement.
-Ninja Assault (Guardian): Your mastery of the ways of Ninja Assault allows you to dispatch opponents with lethal grace, cutting down foes with the razor edge of your Ninja Blade and delivering death from afar with throwing knives. Your attacks often carry additional poison damage over time, and can also knock opponents down or reduce their defense.
-Infiltrator Training (Guardian): You have superb training as an Infiltrator. Your intrusion skills allow you to deftly evade attacks and move behind enemy lines unseen, while your weapons training gives you mastery of a variety of debilitating tools and gadgets to wreak havoc on your unsuspecting foes.
-Water Control (Controller and Dominator): You have total control over the power of water. Water Control grants you superior control over large groups and the ability to deal a good amount of damage to single targets. Your powers have a chance to inflict Drowning on a target, while under this effect, Deluge, Suffocate, Hypothermia, Turbulent Aura and Tidal Wave will deal more damage and these powers' secondary effects are enhanced.
-Kinetic Assault (Guardians and Dominator): Through manipulation of latent energy present all around you, you create powerful blasts and forceful blows that can prove devastating to your opponents. As you manipulate this energy, you will accumulate Impulse. Each stack of Impulse grants you a scaling recharge buff. Impulse is also used to empower Disrupting Torrent, Kinetic Shockwave, Energetic Strike and Mass Driver.
Energy Melee (Tanker, Brute, Stalker, and Blaster): Total Focus: animation has been sped up, reducing its animation time from 3.3s to 2.2s. This affects all player versions of the following powers: Total Focus, Tremor, Thunder Strike, and Incandescent Strike.
Stun has been changed to Staggering Burst, a new power with the following effect: - Now a Melee(AoE) power with 8' radius - Change Invention set category from Melee to Melee(AoE) - Smashing Damage Scale increase from .25 to 1.15 - Energy Damage Scale increase from .17 to .81 - Recharge change from 20 seconds to 16 seconds - Endurance Cost change from 10.19 to 15.19 - Guaranteed mag 3 stun on main target, 30% chance to mag 3 stun on AoE
Whirling Hands: Increased Smashing and Energy damage 20%. (Tanker, Brute, and Stalker)
Archery (Blaster, Defender, and Corruptor): - Rain of Arrows: Animation time reduced from 4.0s to 2.0s. Damage delay reduced from 1.37s to 0.67s. - Explosive Arrow: Damage changed from scale 0.6 lethal + 0.3 smashing to scale 0.3 lethal + 0.3 smashing + 0.3 fire, so that the power can now light Oil Slick Arrow.
Bomb Attacks (Blaster, Defender, and Corruptor): Force Field, Repulsion Bomb and Radiation Blast, Neutron Bomb: Unified both powers to use the faster Repulsion Bomb version of the animation, and corrected the erroneous mismatches between activation time and animation length for both powers. This shortens the activation time of both powers to 1.47s, and affects all player versions of these powers.
Explosive Shuriken (Blaster, Defender, and Corruptor): Scrapper and Stalker Weapon Mastery, Exploding Shuriken: Radius corrected from 10 feet to 15 feet and max targets increased from 10 to 16 - this power was balanced incorrectly relative to other APP TAoEs.
New Alternate Animations:
Energy Blast - Energy Torrent
Bright & Dark Shoulder Animations Bright & Dark Palm Animations Bright & Dark Ground Punch Animations Bright & Dark Stomp Animations
Martial Combat - Eagles Claw
Bright & Dark Face Smasher
Martial Combat - Ki Punch
Bright & Dark Ki Strike
Martial Combat - Storm Kick
Bright & Dark Gut Punch Bright & Dark Heavy Blow
Electric Melee - Jacob's Ladder
Bright & Dark Charge Bolt
Dark Blast, Dark Melee, Dark Assault, Dark Control, Dark Armor, Dark Miasma, and Dark Composition can now choose from the following themes:
- Skull Theme - Skull Alt Theme - No Skull Theme - No Skull Alt Theme - Soul Noir Theme - Soul Noir Alt Theme
Dab (/e dab): A new pose for players to show off just how cool they are.
Stoic (/e stanceheroic3 or /e stoic):
Adds multiple integrated tops to asym chests (F):
- Catsuit - Leotard High Hip - Leotard Turtleneck High Hip
Adds integrated bottom to asym hips (F):
- Leotard High Hip
Adds new detail category Upper Body Details to multiple chest bonesets. Models include (F):
- Cropped Hoodie - Oversized Shirt - Cropped Tank - Shinobi Gi - Harness
Adds Shinobi Hakama and Booty Shorts to asym Skirts / Shorts. (F)
Adds chest Holsters to chest details section for tight chest profiles. (M/F/H)
Adds Suspenders and Suspenders with Harness to belts section of tight chest profiles. (M/F/H)
Adds Shinobi Headband and Blindfold to detail 1 for heads. (M/F/H)
Adds Shinobi Scarf and Shinobi Scarf for Capes to detail 2 for heads. (M/F/H)
Adds Fighter's Gloves to left and right gloves. (F)
Adds Shoulder Sheath Left, Shoulder Sheath Right, and Clairvoyent's Sash to shoulder details. (F)
Blaster now have their 2400 stat improvements to Blaster’s Max HP and ToHit. - Winter Super Pack Candy Canes now reward the correct amount. (5 per claim instead of 1) - Fixed a bug that caused some Elite Bosses recipe drops to have an 8% drop chance instead of 12%. - Low level Vhazilok escort mission involving a doctor and his beloved fridge should now be complete-able (mission is usually assigned from one of multiple contacts in the 15-20 range). - Mayor Devito's copy of H.P. Lovecrafts "The Color of Outer Space" has been arrested for speeding. - Fixed Black Swan's costume. - Martial Mastery: Stalkers may now slot War Cry with Accuracy. - AH slash command should no longer be accessible from tutorial zones. - Player difficulty slash command should now only accept numbers within their expected ranges.
Power bug fixes:
-Blaster Darkness Manipulation, Touch of the Beyond: Now is correctly typed as a ranged attack rather than melee, and no longer ignores range buffs since it is a ranged attack. No longer accepts Blaster ATO sets, since it does not deal damage. -Blaster Electricity Manipulation, Force of Thunder: Now accepts Endurance Modification and Healing IO sets. -Blaster Fire Manipulation, Cauterizing aura: Now accepts Endurance Modification IO sets.
Blaster Devices: -Web Grenade: Now accepts Slow IO sets. -Field Operative: Now accepts Endurance Modification IO sets.
-Blaster Ice Manipulation, Frigid Protection: Now accepts Endurance Modification IO sets. -Blaster Mental Manipulation, Scare: Now is correctly typed as a ranged attack rather than melee. -Defender, Corruptor, and Mastermind Traps, Web Grenade: Now accepts Slow IO sets. -Medicine pool, Injection: Now accepts Tohit Debuff and Accurate Tohit Debuff IO sets. -Presence pool, Pacify: Now accepts Endurance Reduction enhancements. -Scrapper, Stalker, Brute, and Tanker Bio Armor, Parasitic Aura: Now accepts Endurance Reduction enhancements. -Scrapper, Brute, and Tanker Radiation Melee, Irradiated Ground: Now accepts Defense Debuff enhancements, Defence Debuff and Accurate Defense Debuff IO sets, and ATO sets. -Scrapper, Stalker, and Brute Broad Sword, Scrapper and Brute Katana, Stalker Ninja Blade: All defense debuff effects now correctly have a 100% chance to trigger instead of 99.8%. -Scrapper, Stalker, Brute, and Tanker Electric Armor, Lightning Reflexes: Fixed missing jumpspeed and jumpheight slow resistance. -Scrapper, Stalker, Brute, and Tanker Super Reflexes, Quickness: Fixed missing jumpspeed and jumpheight slow resistance.
-Arachnos Soldier Training and Gadgets, Mental Training: Fixed missing jumpspeed and jumpheight slow resistance. -Arachnos Widow Widow Teamwork, Mental Training: Fixed missing jumpspeed and jumpheight slow resistance.
Controller and Dominator Wind Control: -Wind Shear: No longer accepts ATOs, as it does not have any mez effects. -Wind Shear: Corrected endurance cost to 1.04 end/s (Dominator only). -Breathless: No longer accepts slow IO sets, as it does not have an enhanceable slow effect.
-Blaster, Defender, and Corruptor Beam Rifle, Overcharge: Fixed the erroneous damage delay on this power.
Power animation/balance tweaks:
The 'Total Focus' animation has been sped up, reducing its animation time from 3.3s to 2.2s. This affects all player versions of the following powers: Total Focus, Tremor, Thunder Strike, and Incandescent Strike.
Blaster, Defender, and Corruptor Archery: Rain of Arrows: Animation time reduced from 4.0s to 2.0s. Damage delay reduced from 1.0s to 0.3s. Explosive Arrow: Damage changed from scale 0.6 lethal + 0.3 smashing to scale 0.3 lethal + 0.3 smashing + 0.3 fire, so that the power can now light Oil Slick Arrow.
Force Field, Repulsion Bomb and Radiation Blast, Neutron Bomb: Unified both powers to use the faster Repulsion Bomb version of the animation, and corrected the erroneous mismatches between activation time and animation length for both powers. This shortens the activation time of both powers to 1.47s, and affects all player versions of these powers.
Scrapper and Stalker Weapon Mastery, Exploding Shuriken: Radius corrected from 10 feet to 15 feet and max targets increased from 10 to 16 - this power was balanced incorrectly relative to other APP TAoEs. Power bug fixes:
Blaster Darkness Manipulation, Touch of the Beyond: Now is correctly typed as a ranged attack rather than melee, and no longer ignores range buffs since it is a ranged attack. No longer accepts Blaster ATO sets, since it does not deal damage.
Blaster Electricity Manipulation, Force of Thunder: Now accepts Endurance Modification and Healing IO sets.
Blaster Fire Manipulation, Cauterizing aura: Now accepts Endurance Modification IO sets.
Blaster Devices: Web Grenade: Now accepts Slow IO sets. Field Operative: Now accepts Endurance Modification IO sets.
Blaster Ice Manipulation, Frigid Protection: Now accepts Endurance Modification IO sets.
Blaster Mental Manipulation, Scare: Now is correctly typed as a ranged attack rather than melee.
Defender, Corruptor, and Mastermind Traps, Web Grenade: Now accepts Slow IO sets.
Medicine pool, Injection: Now accepts Tohit Debuff and Accurate Tohit Debuff IO sets.
Presence pool, Pacify: Now accepts Endurance Reduction enhancements.
Scrapper, Stalker, Brute, and Tanker Bio Armor, Parasitic Aura: Now accepts Endurance Reduction enhancements.
Scrapper, Brute, and Tanker Radiation Melee, Irradiated Ground: Now accepts Defense Debuff enhancements, Defence Debuff and Accurate Defense Debuff IO sets, and ATO sets.
Scrapper, Stalker, and Brute Broad Sword, Scrapper and Brute Katana, Stalker Ninja Blade: All defense debuff effects now correctly have a 100% chance to trigger instead of 99.8%.
Fixed missing jumpspeed and jumpheight slow resistance.
-Scrapper, Stalker, Brute, and Tanker Electric Armor, Lightning Reflexes: -Scrapper, Stalker, Brute, and Tanker Super Reflexes, Quickness: -Arachnos Soldier Training and Gadgets, Mental Training: -Arachnos Widow Widow Teamwork, Mental Training:
Controller and Dominator Wind Control:
-Wind Shear: No longer accepts ATOs, as it does not have any mez effects. -Wind Shear: Corrected endurance cost to 1.04 end/s (Dominator only). -Breathless: No longer accepts slow IO sets, as it does not have an enhanceable slow effect.
Blaster, Defender, and Corruptor Beam Rifle, Overcharge: Fixed the erroneous damage delay on this power.
Scrapper and Stalker Mu Mastery, Zapp: Damage significantly increased; this power was unintentionally doing much less damage than it should have been.
Quality Of Life
- Power trays can be locked to their current numerical value. This does not affect their position.
Player zone cap
- Max player cap for "The Hive" has been increased to 100
- Max player cap for "Rikti War Zone" has been increased to 75
Rebirth Issue 1, Episode 3 - June 27th, 2021
Quality of Life and Gameplay
- Corrected issues preventing "The Casino Heist" during the Summer Blockbuster event from starting.
- The game client has been updated with the Rebirth logo for its icon.
- The logout confirmation text has been updated to reflect our 10 second logout time.
- Task Force and Strike Force contacts now grant you the ability to call them immediately upon beginning their missions.
- All members of a team, not just the leader, are granted credit for completing the "Crossing Over," "A Madman's Council," and "Heart of the Hollows" story arcs, allowing them to start Katie Hannon's task force, Ernesto Hess' task force, and the Cavern of Transcendence trial respectively.
- Reduced the timer to defend the henge in Buck Salinger's "Stop takeover of Salamanca" mission from 15 minutes to 5 minutes.
- All members of a team, not just the leader, are granted credit for completing the "A Madman's Council," story arc, allowing them to start Ernesto Hess' task force.
- All members of a team, not just the leader, are granted credit for completing the "Heart of the Hollows" story arc, allowing them to start the Cavern of Transcendence trial.
Powers & AT Changes
- Corrected an issue that caused Assault Rifle's Sniper Rifle to play its draw animation repeatedly upon use. Additionally, there is now no redraw between Assault Rifle powers and Munitions Mastery powers that utilize the rifle. Note: This change was quickly reverted due to an issue
- Corrected an issue that caused Gun Fu's Pistols to skip its draw animation entirely. Additionally, there is now no redraw between Gun Fu Pistol powers and Martial Arts powers.
Note: Users may experience redraw issues until the above issue is corrected.
- The "Experienced" temp power available from both Super Packs and Paragon Rewards has had its cooldown reduced from 2 hours to 5 minutes.
- The Leprechaun pet can now be summoned even if your feet aren't touching the ground.
- Certain hooded huge characters now have hoods.
- Penelope Yin's task force will now correctly appear to count toward Task Force Commander's completion; this was entirely a visual bug.
- Chris Jenkins has received your complaints about his billboard and has reluctantly agreed to limit his advertising to our three-dimensional realm.
Rebirth Issue 1, Episode 2 - May 30, 2021
HEAT/VEAT side locking
- Epic Archetypes can now only start on the side they were intended to be created for. They are not locked out of the alignment system and can still switch sides.
- Their story arcs and other factors lead us to correct this error that we were not aware of. Current characters already created are not affected by this.
Base Pass-code Changes
- The slash command will now only work when standing near a base portal. The base portal window should also take passcodes as well
- This command was an admin command that wasn't intended for wider use by the playerbase. We added it in as a way to give players more options to cross sides and open up the Cathedral of Pain Trial to Co-op play. However certain Technical and Gameplay issues have arisen that caused us to re-evaluate the slash commands continued use.
- Universal base access with passcodes (regardless of alignment) can still be used at or near any base portal.
- Uncommons that cost 50 now costs 30.
- Uncommons that cost 75 now costs 60.
- Rare recipes that cost anywhere between 125-165 now cost 75.
- Rare Recipes that cost between 200-220 now costs 125.
- Astral Rare Recipes that cost 16 astrals now costs 12.
- Astral rare recipes that cost 32 now costs 24.
- Empyrean prices for Purples and PVPIOs are now all 30 (from 40-70).
- Alignment Merits (Hero or Villain) prices for Purples and PVPIOs are now 8 (from 20-35)
Powers & ATs Changes
- Gun Fu: Attacks utilizing pistols no longer redraw
- Practiced Brawler: fixed a sound effects loop
- Practiced Brawler: lowed the hole in the absorption from 2 seconds to .50 seconds
- Super Reflexes Quickness, Practiced Brawler, and Elude now accept Healing IO sets.
- TF final windows should now use actual numbers instead of eldritch Runes to report death numbers,
- It will only show zero unless you have the defeat challenge set but this should be fixed in a future issue.
- Fixed missing FX for ground zero on Radiation Composition
Rebirth Issue 1, Episode 1 - April 25, 2021
New Archetype: Guardians
Guardians added, new archetype that has good ranged and melee while still maintaining decent support and protection.
New Ancillary Power Pool For Scrappers and Stalkers
New Costume Options
- Emblem Pack 1
- Cape Packs 1 & 2
- Glove Diversification Phase 1
2012 Halloween Pack Now Available
Long enjoyed on other CoH servers, one of Paragon's last contributions to the character library is now available and fully functioning on Live for all characters.
This pack includes:
- Full body mummy skin
- Tombstone and wicker basket backpacks
- Floating orb and skull special heads
Fashion gloves and boots unlocked for female characters.
Seer gloves and boots unlocked for male and huge characters.
Auction House Changes
Quality of Life: Number of base slots for every player character has been increased. Values have been adjusted so that there is a progression of available slots as you level. (Roughly 5 slots every 5 levels.....ish )
Bugfix: Invention generic, respec, temp power, and costume recipes should now once again be tradeable on the Auction House.
Super-Group Base Rent
Quality of Life:
- Base rent will no longer be calculated on the items in the base. The exact value that each SG would pay was hard to anticipate and may have hindered some SGs from placing more items that they may have wanted.
- SG base rent now calculated based on plot size. These numbers are still up for discussion and may be subject to change. However, rent is currently set to be much less than it was on Live.
- Smallest Plot size has no rent.
Character Slot Per Account Increase
Quality of Life:
- UI hard coding issues have been adjusted to allow more characters per account to be created. Due to the nature of the UI code, slots can only be adjusted in multiples of 12.
- Current slots on every account should now be 96. This comes from 12 slots on 8 pages. This number may be subject to adjustment at a future date if there is demand for it.
Quality of Life:
- Stacking auto powers should no longer cause powers selected next in the attack chain to de-queue. This fix should also work for attacks and interruptible like long activation toggles and snipes among other powers.
Rebirth Wiki Notes
- Build: v2i2 Game Update 1
I didn’t want to keep this exclusively to the Discord announcement, so to cut to the chase…
Supergroup Base Updates
- Corrected an issue that was causing ~1600ms latency in supergroup bases.
As outlined in my previous #rebirth-development:dev-corner post, Game Update 2: What's on the Radar 4, one of my top priorities has been alleviating the lag that’s been plaguing our supergroup bases since, frankly, for as long as we’ve had supergroup bases on Rebirth (Volume 2). I mentioned in that post that the issue was a high enough priority problem that a fix may be pushed ahead of Game Update 2, and as of tonight’s maintenance that issue is fully behind us!
I know this was a short post, but it’s an important one all the same. Thanks for being patient with us while we tracked down the source of this bug.
Rebirth Wiki Notes
- Build: v2i1 Game Update 1