Invention Worktables are available in five ways:
- They can be found inside all branches of the Hero and Villain Universities. University branches can be found in Steel Canyon, Croatoa, Founders' Falls and Cap au Diable, as well as the Praetorian equivalent of the University, the Cultural Direction and Education Center in Imperial City.
- They can also be found in the Vanguard Base in the Rikti War Zone.
- They are also found in Abandoned Labs located in Port Oakes and St. Martial.
- They are a super group base item, and can be installed in any room that permits workshop items. These can be used by anyone with access to the base.
- The Field Crafter Badge grants the Portable Workbench accolade power to create a temporary invention worktable for 5 minutes, usable only every half hour. Anyone who can reach this can use it.
The Invention Worktable is a requirement to make Enhancements in your base. Selecting it allows you to create Enhancements and other items from salvage you have collected.
Using an Invention Worktable
As the in-game description (above) says, the Invention Worktable provides you options that allow you to
- purchase any common recipe.
- craft any recipe that you possess.
- craft any recipe that you may have memorized.
- craft Brain Storm Idea Salvage out of Base Salvage and Components
Purchasing Common IO recipes from Invention Worktables
Common recipes can be purchased at fixed prices from any Invention Worktable:
- Level 10 - 25 Common IO recipes can be purchased for half of the recipe's crafting cost.
- Example: a level 15 Damage IO recipe has a crafting cost of 3600 influence/infamy. You may purchase this recipe for 3600 * .5 or 1800 influence/infamy.
- Level 30 - 40 Common IO recipes can be purchased for three-fourths of the recipe's crafting cost.
- Example: a level 35 Damage IO recipe has a crafting cost of 62700 influence/infamy. You may purchase this recipe for 62700 * .75 or 47025 influence/infamy.
- Level 45-50 Common IO recipes can be purchased for the crafting cost.
- Example: a level 45 Damage IO recipe has a crafting cost of 177200 influence/infamy. You may purchase this recipe for 177200 influence/infamy.
Divide the purchase price by 4 to determine how much an NPC vendor will buy the recipe for.
Note that paying the purchase price merely gives you the recipe. You still must pay the full crafting cost in order to create an enhancement from the recipe.
Crafting on an Invention Worktable
Each recipe that is available to you will display the salvage items and influence/infamy needed to complete it. If you have all the requirements for the recipe available, clicking "Create" will consume the salvage, influence/infamy, and the recipe, and produce the invention item described by the recipe.
Common recipes produce standard Invention Origin enhancements, and will be listed under the type of enhancement (accuracy, damage, etc) they produce. You may purchase these recipes, for a cost listed on display. If you already have the recipe, you need not (but may) purchase more of them.
Recipes that produce an enhancement belonging to a set will produce the type of enhancement listed on the recipe, and appear under the Invention tab.
Costume piece inventions unlock the listed costume item, making it available at the tailor. You cannot unlock the same costume item more than once; the recipe will bear a notice at the bottom if you have already unlocked it. These recipes are always listed under the Invention tab.
Invention-created temporary power recipes reward you with a temporary power (that will show up in your list of powers). These recipes are also listed under the Invention tab.
Memorizing common recipes
If you complete enough of the right selection of common invention recipes, you will memorize them, and related others. Memorizing a recipe unlocks a set of choices under the Memorized tab. Using a recipe under the memorized tab does not consume a recipe object, so you are not required to have a copy of the recipe in your inventory.
WARNING: Only the recipes under the Memorized tab do not consume recipe objects from inventory. The normal options behave as before, allowing you to purchase and consume recipes from your inventory.
Historical (Base Components)
There were no Component recipe objects. You were always able to use these recipes to construct base components at an invention worktable without having a recipe object in your inventory.
- You could convert multiple invention salvage items of the same type into components at a rate of:
- 2 rare items
- 4 uncommon items
- or 6 common items
- Arcane invention salvage made arcane components; tech salvage made tech components.
- The rank of the salvage determined the rank of the component. The particular type of component was linked to the salvage used:
- Low-level salvage produced a Tier 1 component
- Mid-level salvage produced a Tier 2 component
- High-level salvage produced a Tier 3 component
- Constructing components in this way counted towards the "total recipes completed" requirement of the Field Crafter Badge
Base item Information
|Base Element Type||Workshop|
|Crafted at||Not Crafted|
|Allowed "Aux" Items||None|